Saturday, July 27, 2013

Patterning Quilts in the Wild, Wild West

This is what I'm doing today...patterning quilts for the next McCall's Quilting America Loves Scrap Quilts special issue. I get to play with my colored pencils, and it's one of my favorite job duties, but it's not quite as much fun as actually working on a quilt! Meanwhile, outside my window....


Yes, those are cowboys. This weekend is Buffalo Bill Days here in Golden, CO, and the Saturday morning parade is essential to the festivities. 

There was also an Indian chief, and a US Marshal...
plus the jail where they lock up wayward dance hall girls.
The most inspiring thing in the parade to me are the balloon vendors...color, color, color.

But, this being Golden, CO, there were also garbage trucks, John Deere tractors, and this huge beer truck. Way different than an East coast parade, but always fun, even when I can't get out and mingle.

Well, it's back to patterning for me. What are you doing on this lovely summer Saturday?

No comments:

Post a Comment