Tuesday, July 30, 2013
Top Five Reasons Quilters Love Their Pets
Meet my poodle/lhasa apso/maltese mix, Zuzu. She's a year and a half old, and she makes me laugh every day. She's also going to be in the January 2014 issue of McCall's Quick Quilts, modeling her car quilt and coordinating tote bag. So many quilters love, love, love their pets, and for very good reasons. These get my nomination for the top five:
1. They neither question nor object to the acquisition of new fabric.
2. They're content to sit by your feet or by your side during marathon sewing sessions.
3. They remind us that EVERYTHING can be seen as fun, including fabric scraps, dangling iron cords, starch overspray, and unguarded batting.
4. They don't mind if you don't take time to make a "real" dinner, as long as the snacks keep coming.
5. And they genuinely appreciate and love to snuggle up in our work (see Exhibit A above).
If you have a pet, I'd love to hear how they support you in your quilting. Pet stories are great!