Monday, October 3, 2016

More Orphan Blocks Adopted

This past weekend, the other side of my family held its annual reunion, complete with craft raffle. The pillows I made for the Labor Day reunion went over so well, I decided to pull out a couple more orphan blocks and make pillows for Sunday's gathering. I think they turned out great, and they were hot items at the raffle. A couple of my cousins' daughters won them, so I know they're going to good homes. Here they are!


It's funny - I don't even remember why I made the pinwheel block to begin with. But I do remember the flag block. It was featured in McCall's Quick Quilts June/July 2014 as a Block Builders Workshop. The pattern for the block appears in that magazine. There's also a free video on the McCall's Quilting website showing Erin Russek machine quilting a breeze design on the block. Check it out here!


No comments:

Post a Comment