Sunday, October 27, 2013

Breaking in the New Sewing Space

I finally got to sew in my new space, and it worked amazingly well. I definitely need a larger cutting space, but other than that, everything was very efficient and comfortable. And here's what I worked on this weekend:



This design will be for a McCall's Quilting Block Builders Workshop on partial seam construction.



And I'm pretty sure this will be for a Block Builders Workshop on string piecing on a foundation. This was made with random string piecing on a quarter-arc. Four arcs were sewn together, and then raw-edge circle was appliqued to the white square with machine buttonhole stitch. What a fun way to use up strippy scraps!

I also got a lot of hand quilting done on the mini Bonham Beauty this weekend. It's nearly done...photo to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment